1st October 2020
Therapists are now returning to work post-Covid-19 lockdown. However, we have had to put many systems in place to ensure that we are Covid-secure. Below, you will find more information about our new systems.
All face-to-face therapies can now resume their business, returning to looking after our community.
GREAT NEWS!! Classes are now available.
To all our Guests at Wintern House Health and Wellness
Wintern House Health and Wellness and Fishguard Chiropractic Clinic has conducted a thorough risk assessment to ensure adequate levels of safety are implemented and maintained. We are following the most up-to-date Government and Professional Body guidance and have put in place stringent patient triage, hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect our patients, guests and team members. Despite these precautions, there is a risk of transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is important that you understand the risk. Please read the information below which details the changes we have made, our protocols and our expectations from you.
Should I come in or not?
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 PLEASE DO NOT VISIT US. Symptoms include:
• a new persistent dry cough
• high temperature (over 37.8 degrees celsius)
• loss of sense of smell / taste
If you are not sure what to do you are welcome to call us on 01348 875221 or view the NHS guidelines online at (https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19).
If you have breathing difficulties, call NHS helpline on 111.
Government guidelines stipulate that the following categories known as “at risk” should consider limiting face-to-face contact and maintain social distancing.
• over 70 years old (unless arranged separately with the Chiropractor)
• have underlying health conditions as listed by the NHS coronavirus guidelines below
We are trying our best to safeguard our team, our guests and our community.
Please read the information below which details the changes we have made, our protocols and our expectations from you.
We wish you the very best and we shall continue to give the best care we can.
THE SITUATION WITH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The information and guidance regarding COVID-19 given to us by the Government and our professional bodies is changing on an almost daily basis. Each of the businesses working at the address of Wintern House are following the guidelines stipulated to them and have made all necessary changes and adopted the precautionary measures to safeguard our guests.
Changes we have made
We have implemented significant protocol changes at this address to maximise the safety of your visit.
We will continue to adapt where needed in order to do the utmost for you, our team and our families.
ALL VISITORS MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT – NO WALK-INS AT THE MOMENT (SORRY!)
All face-to-face appointments will be emailed a health questionnaire to complete prior to your visit. If this questionnaire has not been completed before you attend you will not be able to continue with care on that day. The form is to ensure that proper sceening occurs prior to your visit.
What to expect – PPE (personal protective equipment)
Each therapist / instructor is following their own association guidelines – for some of us, these guidelines advise us to wear a disposable apron and gloves which will be changed for every guest. We have masks and visors to wear if we feel it is deemed necessary or if it makes you feel more comfortable.
You may choose to wear your own mask / gloves, whatever makes you feel most at ease.
Appointment times will change with extra time left either side to allow time to clean, change PPE and reduce the number of guests in the centre at any one time.
We will endeavour to maintain social distancing at all possible times. We kindly ask you to respect this same rule.
The centre has a specific “travel” system at the moment to try to maintain the social distancing rule. You will be guided through the centre by the therapist / instructor / team member and by following signage. This ‘travel’ system is subject to change when classes are on in the building.
We cannot offer drinks at the moment. Even the toy basket has had to be put away!
Procedure on the day
When you arrive:
• We kindly ask that you arrive on time – not late, but not early either. If you are early, please remain in your car until your appointment is due.
• It would help if you removed unnecessary items of clothing / jewellery (e.g. coats, scarves, watch, bracelets etc) and leave these in your car / bag. Please avoid bringing a phone into the building unless absolutely necessary.
• On entering the building, please sanitise your hands with the sanitiser provided, or if your prefer to wash your hands, please follow the directions to the bathrooms.
• Kindly enter the Reception area ( this will be signposted) – we have spaced the seating to allow for social distancing, however we will do our utmost to avoid any waiting time. Your therapist will collect you from this area.
• Your temperature may be checked and recorded on arrival.
• PPE (personal protective equipment) – we have been advised to wear gloves, masks and aprons for each close-contact appointment. These will be changed between each guest.
• If you choose to, you may wear a mask yourself, whatever makes you feel most at ease.
• Payments are made on arrival prior to your appointment and can be cash or contactless. The contactless limit is now £45.
• You will exit via the specific ‘travel’ route in operation on that day. Sometimes, this may be via the Studio or the front door rather than reception. However, for the safety of our guests, the front door may not be used when the weather is bad due to the risk of slipping. Occasionally, you may be guided back through reception when no other route is possible.
We will be doing everything that we can to minimise contact apart from the actual clinical / therapeutic session. Your health and safety are paramount in this situation, as is ours and our other guests. We will be assessing the situation on a daily basis and staying updated with news and changes and adhering to government advice.
On a daily basis we keep our premises very clean but you will notice that we are even more vigilant with our cleaning regime at this present time.We are wiping down the treatment beds and any instruments used thoroughly between each guest.
Hands are sanitised or washed thoroughly with soap and hot water between each guest.
All surfaces are cleaned regularly throughout the day including frequently touched areas such as door handles, light switches, card terminals etc.
The Studio has a daily cleaning regime that is followed and adhered to. Cleaning occurs after every class.
Looking after yourself?
Eat a healthy diet – make sure your body has the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micronutrients needed for optimal health
Get adequate rest – Get a good quality night’s sleep to give you the energy to get through the day rather than relying on stimulants like sugar, coffee, energy drinks and tobacco.
Stay well hydrated – maximise the effectiveness of your body’s natural defence mechanisms by ensuring you are drinking adequate amounts of water.
Exercise frequently – maximise the efficiency of your lymphatic system, which depends on movement to circulate this vital germ-fighting fluid.
Wash your hands regularly.
The only way to catch anything is to make yourself a hospitable host…be inhospitable to coronavirus!!